Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Cobbler!

Now that autumn is here I just love warm, yummy desserts to accompany my tea. To get my last tastes of summer I had to make a peach and blue berry cobbler.  My only problem with that was that I had to share it with the rest of my household! Oh well, such is life!


Wrapping Up Summer Cobbler
4 or 5 medium, ripe peaches 1 cup of fresh blue berries
2 Tbsp quick cook tapioca 2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp real vanilla 1 Tbsp melted butter


First bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Dip the ripe peaches in the hot water for a few seconds and then peel off the skin of the peaches. Then slice them into a bowl, removing the pit in the process. Then add the tapioca, vanilla and sugar to the fruit.


Once you gently mix the fruit and other ingredients. Place the fruit mixture into a greased baking dish. And drizzle with melted butter.


Next put together the topping.


Shortcake crust
1 1/2 cups of flour 2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup melted butter (4 Tbsp)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Whisk them together to make sure they are evenly distributed. Then add the cream and butter. Mix with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together. It will be a stiffer dough. Don't over mix!

Spoon the dough on to the fruit. And then bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.



When it comes out I let it cool for about 30 minutes, then I serve it with ice cream or just heavy cream. Yum!! Enjoy!

Wouldn't this just make a lovely end to a productive day of sewing! Hope so! Happy sewing and may your bobbins always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!