Monday, October 1, 2012

Aprons!

Looking through gift ideas, I keep coming back to aprons. I love aprons, especially home-made aprons. The ones you find in stores just don't always give me what I'm looking for, so I'm always looking at apron patterns. Over the next few weeks for our feature of 'Gifts Under $30' I will be offering quick apron tutorials.

Just as an FYI of what's coming up. We will also be featuring designer Erica Plank of Unseen Hands. We will get to pick her brain and tour her studio! I can't wait!! I am also putting together a tutorial to make your own 'color catchers' so stay tuned. A great way to keep up with what we are doing is to become a 'Lovely Reader' over to the right! We will also be offering specials exclusively to our 'Readers' so you don't want to miss out!



Back to aprons... in the shop right now we have this adorable panel to make this quick apron. I took it one step further and backed mine and made the ties wider. I'm also thinking of just using this as a template to make others just the same. They are so quick and you can make them more appropriate for a female OR male, which is also a nice plus!


This panel also comes in this great fat quarter tower, so you could make other things to coordinate! Mug rugs come to mind or table toppers... just get creative!!



Hope this helps you to get your creative juices going!! Happy sewing and may your bobbins always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!