Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thread Painting

I came into work yesterday and was listening to the talk about how much fun it has been to see everyone that has come in to shop our Spring Cleaning sale! The discounts are incredible, the selection is great, and the people are fun and friendly! If you haven't had your chance to get into the shop yet, don't worry. The sale ends on Sunday, February 27th, so you have time! This is a great opportunity. Just yesterday I got a couple books I have been looking at for a while, and am so glad I did!

As a newlywed couple, my husband and I are living at home and saving money while we get ready to go back to school. So I have been very excited and looking forward to moving into our own apartment and decorating it! Projects of every kind have floated into my head, most of them inspired by what I see around me here at Parkland Parish Quilt Co.

Well, this week we have some wonderful classes coming up. This Friday is Quilt Til You Wilt!
This class is so much fun! For only $10 you come to the shop, bring a project, and sew, sew sew until 11pm!! With employees from the shop there to help you if you need it and good company, this class is a fun one!

This Saturday we have our Thread Painting
class with Judy Irish. The technique of thread
painting is a beautiful one, and in this class you
will learn tips and tricks to help you master this craft. This picture is just an example of the beautiful things that can be accomplished with thread painting! The class is $40 and is from 10:30 am - 3:30 pm, here on February 26th. Call the shop, or sign up online!

Well, I don't think I have much else to share with you all today. Except, there is this one thought that has been on my mind lately. It's a quote said by Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh, and ever since I heard it while babysitting it has stuck with me.

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

With all of our imperfections it can be easy to get down on ourselves for not being as brave, or smart, or strong as we may think we need to be. But none of us need to be perfect; and we are always stronger, smarter, and braver than we think we are.

I hope this post finds you happy, well, and quilting!

May your bobbin always be full.

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!