Thursday, July 25, 2013

Chevrons, chevrons every where!!

It seems every where I look I see chevron quilts. They can be quick and easy or a little more challenging depending on which pattern you use. In the shop there are several versions of chevron quilt patterns. Marti Michelle has a pattern and a tool, we have a little $3 card pattern and there is the one I'm doing today from the Cotton Candy book. I will be doing this in two parts, because as you all know life gets in the way our sewing and quite frankly I just didn't get it all done this week! So bear with me... Here's what I did.


First I chose this great creamy jelly roll we have in the shop, that was really the basis of my 'color scheme'. Then I found this wonderful fabric in my stash, if you come in the shop it's now sale fabric. I just love it!

For this quilt you're going to sew light and dark 2 1/2 inch strips together.


Then you are going to PRESS them open. To the dark as always. If you didn't see the Moda article I shared on Facebook, it's a MUST read on the importance of PRESSING. So check it out!


After you have sewing all your strip sets together and pressed them open, you are going to sub-cut them down to 4 1/2 inch units. Once you have a pile of units it's time to have 'chevron fun'! And that's where I'm at now. Laying out my chevrons to see how I like the fabrics together. My OCD is very happy!



See you next time and you can see how it all worked out! All the fabrics used are in the shop and we also have this book in stock if you'd like to sew along. If you do PLEASE comment or share a photo! I'd love to see and hear what you're up to. Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!