Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday - Just Because Cookies!


I'm back!! We survived Shop Hop and out of town guests and now we are back to our regularly scheduled program! Did you know yesterday was National Sugar Cookie Day? Well in honor of that we made "Just Because Cookies! Here's what we did:

The Recipe
1 1/4 cups sugar                    
3 cups all-purpose flour (plus some for sprinkling)
1 cup  of shortening              
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs                                       1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup light corn syrup            1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla

First I cream all the sugar and shortening together until it's light an fluffy. Next I add the eggs, vanilla and syrup. When this is well mixed I add my dry ingredients. I usually whisk them in a separate bowl before adding them to my wet ingredients. Once the dough is combined and able to be formed into a ball I place it into a piece of plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.


Once the dough is well chilled I use my shaker of flour to dust my work surface and roll out the dough. Then the fun begins and we start cutting. Bake for 5 - 9 minutes, depending on size, at 375. I cool my cookies on a sheet of foil on the counter. Then decorate if you choose and eat! Enjoy!! 

For this weekly feature I'm wanting to include you guys! So if you have a favorite recipe send it to me at parklandparish@gmail.com and we'll try it out and feature it here! I can't have ALL the fun. I look forward to seeing what you guys send in. Cookies, treats, breakfast, dinner I'll take it all! So send in your recipe today! Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!