Friday, March 22, 2013

Meet Mooshka...

We have some wonderful new fabrics in the shop, but the Mooshka line has really had us all a twitter! Or maybe it's just me... Anyway, the fabrics are lovely and they are also featured in a sweet children's book. I just had to get the book and the line of fabrics to make somethings for my girl.


Before I get into the photos of what I did, I have to tell you about this darling book! The book is story about a little girl and her 'mooshka'. Her mooshka is a quilt made for her by her grandmother. Her mooshka speaks to her whenever she's lonely or scared. It speaks to her through the stories her grandmother has shared with her about all the pieces of fabric that makes up her quilt. One day however, the 'mooshka' becomes silent. Through sharing it is brought to life again. Once you read the book and see the illustrations I'm sure you'll want to make a 'mooshka' of your own and share the story with any young children in your life.




In addition to all the wonderful fabrics in the line there is also a cute panel out of which you can make a small doll sized 'mooshka' and a cat. For this post I will share with you the quickie project from the panel. I'll have to share the larger 'mooshka' later when I get it finished. Here's what I've done so far...


The panel walks you through everything and it is easy as pie! If you are introducing sewing to a child in your life this panel would make a fun project, maybe for Easter?? Anyway, I cut out my pieces and purchased a 1/2 yard of one of the lovely Mooshka fabrics to back and bind the little doll quilt with.


Once I got it pin basted I just followed the lines as if to 'stitch in the ditch' and quilted the little quilt.


After the little quilt was done I began sewing the little cat together. Just sew it all right sides together, placing the tail in the cat. Sew and stuff the tail first. Once it's all sewn just flip and finish it up.




Cute right? So hurry in before it's all gone and since I haven't gotten it on to the website you can call us as well and we can help you with fabrics. If it lasts I'll get it up on the web so stay tuned!

Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!