Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Pillow tutorial...

I'm sure many of you are hustling around getting ready for Easter this weekend, but I thought I'd share this fun pillow with you. As of late I've been doing lots of embroidery and working with wool. I have to say I'm a bit hooked. So I was fooling around with my stash and ideas and came up with fun and easy pillow. Here's what I did...


For this project you'll need...

12 to 16 charm squares
fusible fleece
wool scraps
embroidery floss
embellishing beads
poly fill
fork pins


First I took my charm squares and sewed them into a patch work.

 
Then I cut the pieces charms into two strips, one 2" and 3" by the length of the charm strip.
 
 

Then I flipped one of the strips around and sewed them back together. Using fork pins to keep my seams nested nicely.

 
Once I sewed all my strips together to the size of pillow I wanted I placed my patch work on to my fusible fleece and pressed.
 

 
Once things were fused nicely I quilted the top with some cross-hatch action! I marked my fabric with an x so then I could just use my walking-foot guide to space my quilting.
 

 
After it was all quilted I began playing with my embellishments. I free-handed a bunny on some steam a seam and pressed in onto a scrap of wool. Once it was fused nicely I blanket stitched around the bunny with some coordinating floss and made a french knot for an eye.
 

 
Lastly I made some flowers with scraps, by cutting some petals stitching them together and then attaching them to the bunny. I added some beads to finish them off.
 


 
 
Finally all there is left to do is square up your pillow top with your backing fabric, sew, and stuff!
 

 
I stitched around my pillow to close up the hole and create an edge to the pillow and then you're done!
 
 
 
Hope you give one a try! Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!
Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!