Thursday, August 30, 2012

Inspiration...

As quilters we are attracted, well maybe that's not a strong enough word, addicted to fabric! We go into a fabric store and we begin drooling over all the lovely new fabric lines! Or maybe it's just me, but I don't think so! But where do you find your inspiration for your next project? Is it from the person your making your project for? A certain color or pattern of fabric? Where ever we get our inspiration from it seems that once you get into a project, it kind of takes on a life of it's own. I mean it's one thing when you choose a kited project, but when you get to choose the colors and values, it opens other possibilities.

I guess that's the thing that fascinates me about being a new quilter. I choose fabrics and I love them, but when they get placed around the quilt top the transformation is amazing. At times it's easy to get overwhelmed by the choices and the complexities of the quilt, but taking it one block at a time makes all the difference. Now that I have made some quilts I have a new appreciation for all the work, love, and sometimes frustration that goes into making it. I often times think others just have no idea!! They look in wonder, but they just 'don't get it'!

We've been doing a lot of fall themes around my house lately and the wonderful fall lines that have been in the store have really gotten my creative juices going! I just can't wait for the pumpkin patch trip and getting all my fall stuff out! I think any of these combos would make a great throw and/or table topper to compliment my decor!

We also have some new lovely fabrics in from a line called 'Little Black Dress' and boy could I go to town with that as well!

But right now I've got say the Halloween fabric has really caught my eye! Even though it's not my most favorite holiday. There are those in my life that just love it! And I have to admit I do like the 'nice' Halloween decorations. But I have a girl friend who just needs the table topper made with our new 'Cat, Bats, & Bones' fabric! So I'll probably have to make it for her!

Where do you get your inspiration? Drop us a comment and share. Don't forget to 'follow us' to get the most current blog posts. There's a rumor that when we hit our first 100 followers we'll be doing a give-a-way! So stay tuned!

Have a wonderful day! And may your bobbins always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!