Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring is Here! ...Right?

The sun is starting to peek its way through the clouds and the flowers are starting to push their buds above the soil! As of March 21st, Spring is here! Well, it's supposed to be here. In my opinion, I think springtime should be warm and sunny, with occasional rain. But it's just my luck that I live in Northwestern Washington where it rains all the time!

But there is one perk to living in this area. And that is this wonderful quilt shop! We have some fun classes coming up that have a few seats available! 
This Friday, March 25th we have Quilt Til You Wilt! It only costs $10, so bring the project you're working on and your comfortable clothes, because you'll have six hours of non-stop quilting! 

And this Saturday, March 26th we have our "Thread Painting" and "Woven Quilts" class! This class costs $40 and will teach you the most beautiful techniques! From 10:30 am - 3:30 pm Judy Irish will guide you through the steps, tips, and tricks to creating these beautiful projects. 

And now for some exciting news! I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my niece! Okay, so my sister isn't due until late June, but I'm still very excited! So I looked through the bin of scraps I have at home and found some cute, bright, and PINK (yes, she's having a girl!) fabrics that I could use to create a burp cloth and matching blanket. Here are some pictures of the embroidery that I have accomplished so far:
They are naming their little girl Jayden. I am so excited to have my niece Jayden Carson here!

1 comment:

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!