Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What's Cookin' Wednesday...Easy Chicken Salad!

Now that spring is finally here... well today it felt more like summer (80 degrees at my house), I'm always looking for quick and easy meals that won't heat up my house! Today's 'What's Cookin' Wednesday' meal fits the bill. I love the magazine Eating Well! They have great healthy meals that are quick and most of the time all my family likes them. Even this meal, all but one child ate this salad. I call that success!!

I changed up the recipe a bit, due to the ingredient I had on hand. Here's what I did!


First I chopped up the lettuce, I used iceberg since that's what I had. Then chopped up the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and chicken. I omitted the red onion since I have picky eaters and I wanted them to at least try it! Then sprinkled the cheese, made up the dressing and tossed! Voila, there you have it a great quick dinner for a warm summer day!!! If you have cooked chicken on hand you could whip this up in minutes!! Click here for the full recipe...

A great quick meal so you can get back to sewing!! Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!