Friday, February 22, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Runner...

Since we are running this Stash Dash this year, I thought I'd get with the program and start going through my stash. Since much of my family is Irish, I thought it would be fitting to do a St. Patty's Day runner. Here's what I did...


First I took some of my scraps and cut a background piece 10 1/2" by 24 1/2". I then cut 3 strips 2 1/2" by WOF. I had assorted fat quarters and scraps to make my shamrocks.

Then I drew some shamrocks on paper and when I was happy with my shapes I drew them on my steam a seam.





Next I sewed my 2 1/2" strips to my backing fabric to create the border. I then pieced my shamrocks, attached them to my steam a seam and cut them out.


 

 
Once I cut out my shamrocks I placed them around my runner and when I was happy with their placement I ironed away!!



Once everything is pressed I stitched around my shamrocks to quilt my runner and just binding and you're done! Fun and quick!



I hope you give it a go! Happy stitching and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!