Monday, February 4, 2013

First Sunday Workshop for Feb...

We had our First Sunday Workshop and I think the ladies had a great time!! Each month we have a fun quick project. This is what they made this month...

 
First you sew all your strip or scraps of fabric together. Once you get them sewn you can trace your shapes on your "steam a seam".
 
 
Once you place your steam a seam on your pieces (follow manufacturers instructions) you can cut out your shapes.
 

 
 
Then I places my pieces on my background fabric to look over placement. Once I was happy with that I fused my pieces on. Then I put on my borders, however some of the ladies did their borders first and then fused their pieces on. So there's really no wrong way, just be sure leave room for your seam allowance if you sew your borders on last.


Once I got all my pieces fused and borders on I then machine appliqued the edges down.


Next I hand embroidered saying on the hearts and put it all together. Some of the ladies appliqued the edges once they sandwiched their wall hanging together. Then your quilting is all done too!

 
A quick and fun project, just in time for Valentines Day!
Happy sewing and may your bobbin always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!