Thursday, December 6, 2012

Quickie pot of gold...

Need a little treat bowl/pot for the holidays? I made these cute little pots of gold for my guys for St. Nicholas Day today. However, you could use them for any little gift. If you used ribbon you could cinch them up to make a cute gift sack.

Here's what I did...

You will need two different fat quarters. I cut my fabric into 7 x 7 inch squares.



Next I placed my 7 x 7 squares right sides together and sewed a pocket. Leaving an opening so that I could flip them out.



Once I got them sewn and flipped, I then top stitched around the square to close the opening and give it a more finished look.




Next I stitched up each side about half way up on each side like so...




This was my first one and decided later to reverse the fabrics, so keep that in mind. After you have this little pouch, flip it again so the sewn edges are on the inside. I then tacked down the corners of the "star" and you get a little pot. You could thread some ribbon under the little flaps if you'd like to cinch it up.

 
 
Hope you're enjoying your holiday preparations.
Happy stitching and may your bobbins always be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!