Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy New Year!

The New Year is literally around the corner and I am just looking back over the year in awe! I began this year with a new sewing machine and wanting to make "girly" clothes for my baby girl. I had no idea of the journey I was beginning.

In January I took my first class at Parkland Parish to make the "Pretty Ditty" Apron from Ann. I just wanted to get back into sewing again since it had been years since I had sewed anything. From there I was talked into doing Block of the Month and my journey had begun. I remember attending my first BOM class and thinking, "what on earth was I thinking?!" So I quickly enrolled in the first Parish Academy class, finished that class and enrolled in the second. By now my addiction was strongly taking hold!!

Through teaching from Ann, the help and support from Kathy and Tracey I can now call myself a quilter. I love this new hobby and the friends I have made over the past year. As I look to this new year before me I hope to learn more and pick up new skills and techniques. I plan to take on embroidery and applique and hope to share my journey here with you.

I would love it if you would comment and let me know what you would find helpful and what things you would like to see us do. With the help of Tracey, I hope to offer lots of projects, tutorials and maybe even a quilt along. Please feel free to share your projects, thoughts and suggestions with us!! You can comment here on the blog, Facebook or send us an email at parklandparish@gmail.com.

If you haven't "liked" us on Facebook, please do! We love to share your projects! They inspire all of us! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and we wish you all the best in the new year! I hope you share 2013 with us...

Happy sewing and may your bobbins aways be full!!

The Christmas quilt I made for my church raffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!