Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Warm Your Cold, Winter Feet

If you are anything like me, then you hate to have cold feet. However, I think my husband might hate it more when I have cold feet because they always seem to gravitate towards him when they're in ice-cube state. Strange how that happens.

And again, if you are anything like me, you find that winter days where you are stuck inside tend to drag on and become quite boring. So I thought to myself, "Well. What can I do to fix both of these problems?" And Martha Stewart gave me the solution!

Stephanie's Sewn Felt Slippers
Aren't they so cute?!

Not only are these slippers cute, but they're easy to make!
All you need for this project is:

Slipper template (download by clicking here)
18-by-18-inch piece of 3 millimeter wool felt (you can purchase some online by clicking here)
Chalk pen or pencil
Thread, such as silk or heavy-duty polyester
Sewing supplies

These slippers will be soft, warm, and perfect for lounging around the house! You can sew them up as gifts for a spouse, grandchild, friend, or relative. 

And if you want to put a Valentine's Day Spin on them, fill them with candy and hand embroider a heart on the back of the slipper!

For instructions on how to make these, click here.

So lets stop the freezing feet and dragging days of winter, and make these ADORABLE slippers!


May your bobbin always be full,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!