Yes we all have those mid-day food cravings, and late night munchies but how does the hand full of chips turn into the whole bag of chips or that little slice of cake turn into a good quarter of it! That is something we may never have an answer for. But there is always an alternative option!
Healthy Desserts! I know you ask yourself a healthy dessert? is that really possible! The answer is yes! There are tons of recipes all over that you can alter to fit your preference and also there are some that are just so good that your body will be thanking you for what you just ate!
Here are a few Desserts that all of us at the Parish absolutely love!
Frozen Fruit Pops!
Ingredients:- 1/3 cup diced Kiwi
- 1/3 cup diced Watermelon
- 1/3 cup diced Pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh Pineapple Juice
or Orange Juice
Directions:Combine diced fruit in a bowl and fill each 5oz cup with fruit. Add 1Tbsp of juice and insert craft sticks into each cup. They easily stay in one place because of all the fruit. Place in the freezer for a few hours until firm. To remove the fruit pops place under warm water for a few seconds! Enjoy!
Vanilla - Lemon Berry Parfaits!
- 1 cup low -fat plain yogurt
- 2 (3.5oz) fat free vanilla pudding
- 2 tbs of lemon curd
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tbs honey
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (any of your choice)
- Fresh Mint Leaves (optional)
1) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pudding, lemon curd, and vanilla extract; set aside
2) In a medium mixing bowl, stir the honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Add the mixed berries, and gently stir with a spatula to coat them with a honey mixture.
3) Assemble the Parfaits in 4 8oz glasses, Using measuring spoons scoop 3 Tbs of the yogurt mixture into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup of berries, Then another 3 Tbs of yogurt, and another 1/4 cup of berries. Garnish each yogurt parfait with fresh mint leaves, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover up and refrigerate for later!
There are truly endless options of what you can choose from! Some other healthier options would be Angel Food Cake with fresh strawberries, Sorbet, Jello, or even Home Made Brownies with an altered Recipe!