Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dress It Up!

As I was having a conversation with a friend the other day, she said, "You know, I wish there was a way to have a really cute and functional sewing room. I always feel like I can get a cute table or desk, cute lamps, but then I have all this thread and fabric that I don't know what to do with besides hide it or throw it in a basket." 

And that got me to thinking.

What if there was a really cute way to organize your thread? Well, after a search on the internet for ideas, I found one that I LOVE!

Framed Thread Organizer

Basically, all this is, is a dressed up thread rack. All you'll need for this project is:

An empty picture frame
Piece of fabric large enough to fill the empty frame
Thread rack
Paint (to paint your thread rack if desired)

This project is so simple and easy, but it's so cute! Fill the empty frame with your piece of fabric, and then hang your painted (or unpainted) thread rack from the top of the picture frame, and voila! You have an incredibly cute way to not only organize your thread, but to display it in your "cute and functional" sewing room.




Project idea found at Sew Many Ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!