Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fun Ways to Reuse Wrapping Paper Tubes!

Well it seems as if the Holiday Season is upon us! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I did! My family came into town and we spent the entire Thanksgiving weekend enjoying being together. It seems it was only minutes after Thanksgiving dinner was over that talk of Christmas started to push through our conversation. And now Christmas is just 18 days away!

With all of the wrapping of gifts that is bound to happen, you will be left with tons of empty wrapping paper tubes. Typically, or I would imagine, you would just throw them out like I do. However, I came upon this website that has fun and creative ideas for re-using your wrapping paper tubes!
Things like making a tribal kazoo, an instant megaphone, maracas, and many more fun craft ideas to do with your kids or your grandkids can be found on the website. Click here for the link.
My niece will be with my family for Christmas and at the time she will be almost 2. So I know I'm going to sit down and cut up an old wrapping paper tube, and make a kazoo! I'll post pictures of our amazingly fun times with kazoos later.

And for some fun ideas on how to make beautiful holiday decor out of these empty tubes, click here.

With the holiday season on my mind, I just want to say how much I love this season! People are so friendly, kind, warm, and wrapped up in the spirit of giving. There almost seems to be a tangible happiness floating in the air, that if you merely think about the holidays, it wraps you up tightly. It's almost as if you are wrapped up in a warm, cozy blanket with a cup of hot chocolate. I have often thought how wonderful it would be to have this feeling all year! Amanda Bradley, a very successful poet and Literature professor shares my same feelings!
She said, "Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!"

So once the holiday season of 2011 is gone, and the new year of 2012 is upon us, lets make sure that we celebrate every day as if it were a holiday, and carry a warm and kind spirit with us wherever we go!


May your bobbin always be full,
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Joyce
    Paper Core

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!